PowerMyLearning now an approved vendor for LAUSD's PFSS and BSAP programs
National nonprofit PowerMyLearning is thrilled to announce that we are an official vendor for Los Angeles Unified School District’s Partners for Student Success (PFSS) and Black Student Achievement Plan (BSAP) programs.
A Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) partner since 2008, PowerMyLearning is a proud vendor to support school leaders, teachers, students, and families during the 2023-24 school year with evidence-based professional development and family engagement services.
We know that each LAUSD leader and educator works to fulfill a singular goal of ensuring all students graduate ready for the world—thriving in college, career, and in life. We are excited for the opportunity to team up with local leaders to achieve equitable outcomes and address longstanding disparities in educational outcomes between Black students and their non-Black peers.
Our evidence-based programs cover best practices on social emotional learning (SEL), culturally responsive education, and learning acceleration.
Program elements include:
- Instructional coaching, guided by experienced coaches, to integrate research-based practices seamlessly into instruction and engage families in classroom learning.
- Engaging workshops that affirm the inherent value of relationships with families and learning that builds on connections to students' lived experiences.
- Family engagement services that help educators form allyship with families, honoring families as experts in their own right and co-creators of their children’s learning experiences.
We have proven impact in helping school communities:
- Increase proficiency in Math and ELA/English;
- Increase number of students on track in A-G requirements;
- And increase parent and family engagement.
“If I were to talk to a principal who was contemplating investing and partnering, I would just say, ‘Do it!’ You’ll get a built-in coach and built-in parent engagement specialist. When it comes to PowerMyLearning, I would definitely tell principals: make that investment.”
Middle School Principal (Los Angeles, CA)
Want to learn more? Contact us.
Founded in 1999, PowerMyLearning is a national nonprofit that supports schools and districts to advance educational equity and accelerate student success. Our evidence-based programs build teacher and leader capacity to accelerate student learning and support social emotional learning. As a recognized leader with extensive experience serving districts in underserved communities, PowerMyLearning helps schools activate the exponential power that occurs when teachers, students, and families collaborate on the same learning goals—our “Triangle of Learning Relationships.” The impact from our partners is unanimous: when students are supported by an active learning community, they thrive academically and in their well-being.